We welcome new members and at a membership fee of only £35 a year, we feel this is good value.
Membership is on an individual named person basis. It is your membership and moves with you if you change jobs or companies.
As the membership fee is so low and in order to cut down running costs (the AHPPI is a non-profit organisation run by unpaid volunteers), we are unable to offer group or company discounts.
Paying by Direct Debit mandate from a GBP (£) bank account
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is GoCardless?
- GoCardless acts as a ‘master merchant’, processing payments on behalf of many companies.
- When you pay by GoCardless they collect payment from your account into their own. These funds are then remitted on to the AHPPI.
Q. Where does GoCardless work?
- GoCardless is for anyone who wants to take payments directly from the bank account of customers in the UK, the Eurozone and Sweden. However, it currently only works with GBP (£) bank accounts.
- GoCardless is working on supporting Direct Debits with the Euro (€).
Q. What do I do if I don’t have a GBP (£) account?
- you can continue to pay via bank transfer. Please request an invoice that will include our bank details.
Q. Do you take credit or debit cards?
- no not at this time. GoCardless is a Direct Debit company. AHPPI is looking to add a facility to pay with credit and debit cards in the future.
Q. Why have you chosen to take Direct Debit’s through GoCardless?
- reduced administration. We can collect annual membership fees automatically. As a non-profit organisation manned by volunteers we like to automate as much as we can.
- low pricing – it costs us only 1% per transaction.
Q. How long will it take my payment to clear?
- payments clear in 3–5 days.
Q. How will I know when GoCardless is going to take my next payment?
- GoCardless will email you a few days before your payment is due and will have the chance to amend or cancel it as required.
Q. Is GoCardless a Bacs-approved bureau?
- yes, GoCardless is a Bacs-approved bureau.
Paying by direct bank transfer:
AHPPI Bank Details – HSBC
Name – AHPPI; A/C – 04011570; Sort Code – 40 16 15;
IBAN – GB37MIDL40161504011570; Swift Code – MIDLGB22
As an alternative, you may sign-up by completing this downloadable Word document and returning it by email – AHPPI-Membership-Application.