The AHPPI currently has 100 members. Membership of the group is open to persons in ethical pharmaceutical companies, contract organisations, academia or others directly involved in early phase drug development of NCE’s or NBE’s.
The Association has representation both in the membership and at committee level from both Industry and Contract Research Organisations.
CONSTITUTION July 2012
1. The name of the group is “Association for Human Pharmacology in the Pharmaceutical Industry”.
2. The Organising Committee will consist of an appropriate number of members as the Committee shall from time to time deem necessary; their remit shall be to promote and expand the membership and to organize the functions and services of the Association and promote them to the membership and public.
The Committee shall also be responsible for the organs of communication of the Association in the form of Email, its own website, written communications etc. As such, from time to time, the Committee may establish a part time professional secretariat in order to promote the aims and functions of the Association and to transact the official business of the Association.
2:1. Membership of The Organising Committee will be elected at an appropriate Ballot held every three years.
a) Candidates should be members of AHPPI.
b) Committee Members will remain on the Committee for 3 years after which they can stand down or be re-elected for a further period of three years. After a total service of six years they must stand down for at least a year before seeking re-election.
c) The chair of the Association will be elected by the Organising Committee.
d) Members should have experience in Clinical Pharmacology or Phase I.
e) Nominations for the Committee will be proposed and seconded by existing members of AHPPI.
f) When the need arises, extra AHPPI members may be co-opted onto the committee for an agreed period of time.
2:2. The Committee shall meet regularly using appropriate methods such as teleconference, web meeting or face to face. The frequency of meeting shall be no more than two monthly and, preferably, at least six weekly. Meetings will have an appropriate Agenda and will be minuted.
2:3. Committee members may claim for travel to relevant committee or representative meetings but must keep all expenses to an absolute minimum by travelling prebooked and off peak as often as possible.
3. The group will concentrate on maintaining the importance and visibility of early phase research within the CRO and Pharmaceutical Industry as well as making appropriate representations to various official stakeholders in order to represent the views of its membership. Such groups include (but are not restricted to):
f) other governmental bodies
g) other stakeholders
The group will also interface with and be involved in the public meetings of our European and international sister organisations such as BAPU, Club Phase I etc.
4. Membership of the group will be open to anyone working in pharmaceutical companies, contract research organisations or academia and others directly involved in early phase drug development and research.
5. There will be no restriction on the number of members per company or per organization.
6. The Association will levy an annual subscription, which will be agreed by the committee, and which will be payable on an annual basis. The subscription will be used for payment of the Association’s liabilities and expenses.
7. There will be at least one public meeting per year which will consist of structured presentations and discussions of a main topic with a sub-topic on procedural matters of the Association. The main topics will be decided by the Committee and will be representative of current concepts in the field of early phase research. An organizing sub-committee may be appointed.
8. Meetings will be held at a central venue which is most easily accessed by the majority of members.
9. Proceedings of the meetings will be published on the Association website.
10. The communication tools of the Association (eg website, e-mail, membership lists etc) are not to be used by any members for promotional purposes.